Thursday, September 24, 2009

Little Monarchs

And they have more in common with my children than just their titles.

Off the top of my head -
1. The crawl around on cute, chubby legs.
2. They eat voraciously.
3. They're not the greatest sharers.
4. They don't seem to understand "no, don't do that".
5. Same problem with "where do you think you're going?"
6. They're growing amazingly fast!
7. I'm told that at some point they'll pull into a shell.
8. Before I know it, they'll be gone.



Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

CL said...

cool cool!

Elder and Sister Swenson said...

Laura, You're such a fun mom. What lucky grandchildren I have!

Laura F said...

Yes indeed, all 7 of them. :-) The two caterpillars I took pictures of today have already hung upside down this evening, I guess they'll be in a chrysalis sometime tomorrow. It's so fun to see. These are our first Monarchs. The other time we had caterpillars they were swallowtails, so this will be fun!

Amy said...

How fun to watch!

Melynie said...

This is so fun. I still remember when you gave us our caterpillar/butterflies to grow and how much we loved it. Thanks for the fun memory. Miss ya. It was great to chat the other night.