The Black and Decker benefits keep coming... Justin ran into a guy this evening looking for DeWalt batteries, and after talking for a moment learned this man owned the bike shop down the street from our house. In a flash the deal was done, and the man got his batteries and Justin walked off with two brand-new aluminum framed bikes for the kids at a steep discount. In a whirlwind evening all three kids became bikers. Erick's didn't come with training wheels, so he learned quickly without them. Izzie took some time adjusting to her brakes, and even Audrey got in on the pedaling action. After a couple of hours the kids were whining when we made them park their bikes and come in the house - I sound I LOVE to hear. Anything that keeps them entertained outside and active like that was worth any ... well, any number of batteries cluttering up the garage anyway. :-)

6 comments:
How fun! Bean is asking for a bike for her birthday (actually, she's been asking since her last birthday, LOL). I'm excited for her to join that part of childhood--seems like a rite of passage.
She should come try Izzie's! I'm a little nervous about our busy street, but it was heartening to see them catch on as quickly as they did - it makes taking the bikes to the park or somewhere safer to ride a less daunting thought.
I'll take little perks and benefits from jobs anyway I can get them.
Love the new rides. It really is so fun to see kids out learning how to peddle and balance. I soon realized it's not always a one summer project.
My family had a GREAT time on their trip. They got back on Sunday morning. The weather was perfect, so they ended up spending the day at Six Flags. Rhett was in heaven.
Thanks again for all your great ideas. I know we'll be headed out there in the near future and I can't wait to check out some of your favorite hot spots!
That is amazing! What a great thing for you guys.
The kids seriously love them, and Erick is certain he's the hottest thing on wheels ever - you should see him totally showing off for his friends. He ran straight into the side of a building yesterday cutting things a little too close... while it was a little sad, it was pretty funny, too. I was glad I was far enough away to put on a straight face before getting to him. :-D
How fun is that! Now I want a bike too! Way to learn so quickly Erick! Now that's impressive!
Post a Comment