As part of a team project this semester, Justin's been working with Harris Polls on a general Happiness Index. The designed the questions, harris poll sent it out, and then Justin's group analyzed the results in their fancy marketing researching methods. The press release hit the wires this morning, so now you can all read the results with us!
http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/index.asp?PID=900
and here on FoxNews:
http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/industries/technology/article/americans-religious-older-people-happier_572236_12.html
One of the most significant findings, in terms of numbers is that religious people were twice as likely to be happy as those without faith. Also, people pressured regularly to act unethically were less happy. 60-somethings were almost three times as likely to be happy as 20-somethings.
Justin is the press contact on the team, so he may be getting phone calls today from people asking questions about the index. I never did such fun projects when I was getting my degree, but I guess people are less interested in Milton. :-)
2 comments:
Woo Hoo! That is big news. I know how much work goes into those projects. Rich just recent had some studies that were submitted and accepted at 2 conferences. One is New Orleans and one in Scotland (crazy huh!). Now my part of the project is trying to work out a way to tag along with him!
Cograts Justin!
So cool Justin! What a great project to work on. Must have been very fun!
Post a Comment