Monday, April 21, 2008

Sunday afternoon...

... we celebrated Audrey's birthday with my family, and Audrey was thrilled about getting more presents! She did a little happy dance in the livingroom everytime she saw another one, and it was pretty cute. The picture below is of her gift from grandma and grandpa S - she's so cute on it! She wants to be pushed everywhere, of course, but luckily the novelty hasn't yet worn off her brother and sister. She also got a cute shirt from aunt marcie, and a bowling set from uncle rob and aunt kristy. She's a lucky girl with quite a fan base!


After dinner we headed out to do the pinata. I think Justin's family did birthday pinatas, so we get that one together every so often. It was fun for the kids to be the only ones whacking at it, the turns were much easier to bear when you're always first or second in line. :-)


The final blow!!!


Like any good mom, I threw in a bag of warheads for good measure, just to see how the kids would do with it. Erick did rather well, with hardly a grimace.


Uncle Rob, however, provided the best photo fodder. Sorry about the sideways picture, I'm too lazy today to rotate it. But you get the idea... and I like to think it adds to the overall feeling in the picture! :-)
After everyone had a warhead, we headed back in for cobbler and icecream and watched Mr. Magorium. I have to say, it was a cute movie with some good ideas, but I'll have to read the book because the movie ended really abruptly for me, like they ran out of time or something. What did you think? Anyway, Sundays at home with my family are one of the greatest reasons to be home right now, and something we'll definitely miss when we're not!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

summer said...

Happy Birthday to the little Princess! You are hilarious that you added warheads to the mix - I'd love to see a picture of you trying yours :)
We watched the Magorium movie a few weekends ago - and we loved it! Bryson and I were impressed by it's content and the kids thought it was indeed magical. However, I thought it ended abruptly as well, so would love to read the book (now that I know there is one - thanks for that tidpit of info!).

Cheryl said...

Good times. I love Sunday afternoons. We are 9 AM church and while it's a rush to get there on time, I love having the rest of the day free when we get home.

Fun to see a picture of Rob. At first glance I thought it was Matt. Funny.

Shelly said...

Sounds like and looks like so much fun. I am so sad to have missed it.

Laura F said...

While I do NOT love getting to church by 9am, having the rest of the day afterward as family time is wonderful!