Anyway, I've never been tubing like this, and for all my uptightness it was really a lot of fun! The tubes have long straps on them that attach to the rope pull, allowing you a quiet ride back up the mountain after each run. Even at that, I found pulling my own tube plus a child in his or hers from the bottom of the run to the base of the lift was enough exercise for me. I know, pathetic. But once we got to the top there were four
Saturday, February 23, 2008
BYU MBA Tubing Day
Who knew this fun tubing place was as close as it is? I sincerely thought the only tubing hill with these great rope tows was down Emigration Canyon, but this was practically in our own backyard at Soldier's Hollow! We nabbed Justin this afternoon from his study group on campus and ran up the mountain for a couple of hours of fun. As you can tell by the pictures it was quite snowy, but I decided after the fact this was a good thing. I'm sure it muffled some of my motherly hollering while we were there - keeping Audrey sitting in her tube on the lift when she tried to evacuate early, gently reminding the kids their boots and butts weren't to be used as brakes and helping them remember the people coming up the lift behind them while they dilly-dallied at the top.
Anyway, I've never been tubing like this, and for all my uptightness it was really a lot of fun! The tubes have long straps on them that attach to the rope pull, allowing you a quiet ride back up the mountain after each run. Even at that, I found pulling my own tube plus a child in his or hers from the bottom of the run to the base of the lift was enough exercise for me. I know, pathetic. But once we got to the top there were four
or five tubing lanes you could choose from, and by holding the straps to each other's tubes we were often able to slide together. The kids discovered after the first few runs you could go faster on your own, and the attendant standing at the top was willing to give them each a big spin along with their push to send them off down to the bottom. Erick loved it and screamed down the hill! Izzie nervously dropped her feet partway down, but it was really fun! It was also really wet - by the time we were done everyone's gloves, boots, coats and pants could be wrung for water, but we mostly stayed warm and toasty where it counted. Audrey reminded us toward the end that she'd been sitting down in her tube basically on the snow for almost an hour, but she survived. When we were done we ran back down the canyon and dropped Justin off at another study group - we didn't see him for the rest of the day - but I can't help but be grateful for a wonderful husband who loves spending time with our family and makes it that kind of a priority! Anyway, we had a great day for a great price (thanks MBASA!), and the next time we have 120 people who want to do, we'll do it again!
Anyway, I've never been tubing like this, and for all my uptightness it was really a lot of fun! The tubes have long straps on them that attach to the rope pull, allowing you a quiet ride back up the mountain after each run. Even at that, I found pulling my own tube plus a child in his or hers from the bottom of the run to the base of the lift was enough exercise for me. I know, pathetic. But once we got to the top there were four
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love the new blog look! Great clean lines. I updated you on the TTA blog.
What a fun day! The picture of little Audrey is priceless! She's just looks so happy in her tube with her binkie. What a doll.
I wish we could have joined you. My kids would love this place. Where is Solider Hollow? Not sure about that one. I guess I've lived away too long. How sad!
And kudos to Justin for taking the day off from school to spend it with the family. I know the reward of their happy faces was worth every minute of cramming later!
Cheryl, audrey LOVED tubing - she was so cute! I'm just glad they let us take her - I was worried because she's so little.
It's funny you asked where Soldier's Hollow is, because that's a question I found myself asking once we got to Park City. I thought it had to have been so near the other olympic venues we drove right past it and had to backtrack to Heber. I think they did cross country skiing there in 2002. That first turnoff to Midway past Deer Creek takes you around to the other side of the lake, and it's right there. MUCH closer than I had guessed. Serves me right for not mapquesting it myself.
Post a Comment