Thursday, December 13, 2007

My Little Shopper


My kids are normally pretty good shoppers, but they thought they'd died and gone to heaven when we took them up to Pottery Barn Kids this afternoon. The older two played air hockey, colored pictures and put together puzzles while Audrey ran from one end of the store to the other playing dolls, rocking on the horses and cooking us snacks in the kitchen. Mom just shopped. Then suddenly, Audrey was gone. We looked all around the store, and then I ran out into the hallway nearest where we'd been standing. I didn't see her at first, but out of the corner of my eye something moved in the store window, and this is what I found:



We saw the pink floor model... now I guess she's checking out the red...

"Hi mom!"

I guess if I were shopping for new appliances, I would want to check everything the store offered, too! The sign on the window says "Holiday is... full of surprises." Yes, yes they are! Now getting her OUT of the window was a project because although SHE fit nicely in that space, I did not.

3 comments:

Sonja said...

Ok that's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Kids are just so great!!!! So happy you got a photo of this little display. Best one I've ever seen at the Pottery Barn!

Joe and Amy said...

That is too funny! My kids LOVE their appliances. When Joe was out of town last month I took them all there and they played for nearly an hour. I seriously think I could have left the store and they wouldn't have noticed. Too bad their appliances cost nearly the same as the real thing....I love the retro look though!

Cheryl said...

This is so funny and that fact that you stopped and took a picture makes me laugh even harder. This is totally something I would do. I have made my kids pose in the front of Wal-mart and so many other random stops and they always give me a big smile. Glad you found her! She's a doll!