So, I've been thinking, and here's what I came up with.
Cons:
1. Fewer comments!
2. No more mass Christmas letters with the blog address.
3. It will be harder to find us.
Pros:
1. Those who do check the blog and comment will be known as "true friends". You might even get a medal someday. Might. Those who would just like to check the blog occasionally are fine, too. But we'll know who you are.
2. I can always email Christmas letters and feel just as lazy about it.
3. There's always facebook for finding.
4. No more editing out our address from photos of the house
5. More personal information in general - raw stories, churchy stuff, journaling
6. I feel less guilty for travelogues and tons of gushing about my kids. I mean, it's my blog, and now that's what it's for. I mean, you're the one who wanted the invite.
7. It will be harder to find us.
If you're up to it, let me know if you'd like an invite. And feel free to find me on facebook, if you're not sure you can stomach the gushing parts. I won't be offended, and we'll still keep in touch.
28 comments:
ME, ME, ME! :)
emilywing55@hotmail.com
me too!
emily.widdison@gmail.com
How many more Emily's can we get registered?
I'm not an Emily, but I'd love an invite. And I'll probably be joining you in the private world soon too! I love your reasons list...I just might have to steal it for my blog when I make the big switch! :) kellicherry@gmail.com
Hi Laura,
I hope I'm not imposing to ask to be included---this is Marilyn from the 3rd ward, Sheila's sister-in-law. It's fun to keep up with your family. Hope you are all doing well!
marilyn444@gmail.com
I'd like an invite! Although, I'm sad you're going private. You private people make it so much harder to stay atop your goings on. :( Miss you, love you! I was thinking about you the other day (well, let's face it, I think about you a lot, but this particular day...) because you gave Riley this adorable blanket when he was born with little puppies on it. Now, he's reading the puppies' names, and Anderson is pointing and barking at them. My how time flies!
I know I never post comments but I do read this so please send me an invite: nancy.lizana@gmail.com
Please include me! I think you have my email already, but here it is anyway.
hollylynnchase at hotmail dot com
I'd love an invite- you can always have an "updates blog" where you let people know when you update :-)
cheryllynnadams at gmail dot com
Sign Me up!
We'd like to keep in touch.
christopher.lynn.west@gmail.com
Of course I do. Send me an invite!!!
Ooooh, Add me. I want to be a true friend!!!
please send me an invite too! I love reading what you write - funny, true, witty and wisdom all rolled into great posts. I personally like private...glad you are coming over to the p-side...which would that be considered the light side, or the dark side?! Or maybe it's no side??
Laura I would love an invite as well
alishajean@aol.com and if you give me your e-mail I can include you on my blog list as well. Alisha
I can't promise the regularly scheduled readings I currently maintain on your blog...but I do hope that I get an invite.
Good choice by the way...I fully support going private if kids are a regular portion of the blog.
Count me in, gushing & all! davidandamyr@netzero.net
swensonsrock@gmail.com
I would love an invite. my email is rachellmaxwell@comcast.net
I love an invite, too!
sarahbpage@sbcglobal.net
Be sure to send one to me!
um, YEAH, I want an invite.
oh, and I want a medal, too.
I am assuming that it is not necessary for me to have to write this, but don't forget your only sister!!
Count me in: genni27@hotmail.com
I imagine we'll go private sometime too....
i can't believe you are joining the "cool crowd"
jennwehr at yahoo dot com
but I know you already had my email!
Would love an invite. I understand the private blog thing.
Invite me!! :)
swenson.kristy@gmail.com
I'd love an invite, too. It's harder for me to keep track of the private ones, but I do still like to see how everyone is doing when I get the chance.
Post a Comment