Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sunday dinner teaparty

Izzie's been wanting to host a tea party for quite a while now but it's just not worked out. We finally decided she could have Sunday dinner this week, so she planned the menu, set the table, invited a few furry guests and made name cards for everyone! We had salmon, heart-shaped cheese and apple jelly sandwiches, sliced oranges and apples, juice for "tea" and cookies, of course. She helped me roll the cookies and get them baked, helped make the sandwiches and helped slice the fruit. It was a lot of fun, and I think she did a great job!



The only hiccup came after dinner when it was time for dessert. We had meant to frost and sprinkle the cookies, of course, but I forgot. Erick came to the rescue with the can of whipped cream and the crisis was quickly averted. Whew! Have I mentioned how much I love that girl?

4 comments:

kim said...

I think I may have to let Bean help me organize dinner one night! That is such a fun idea!

Elder and Sister Swenson said...

Have I told you how much I love that girl? I can't wait to have a tea party with her and Audrey and Erick and even Matt!

Melynie said...

Cute, cute girl!! I love the tea party.

Laura F said...

The party was really fun, but the greatest part was her enthusiasm for it. She got SO into it, and it really was fun to just see her go! And I loved that she invited a few of her favorite stuffed animals and made name cards for them, too. Very cute.