I miss being able to go to the MBASA activities--looks like it was a nice day for Cornbellys.
Here's the link to the site where I did the hair ribbons from: http://www.theribbonretreat.com/custom/free_projects.aspx
The only thing I'd add is that my ribbon did not stay curled the first time I did this(probably depends on the brand of ribbon)so I bought Stiffen Stuff from a craft store (it was by the rubber cement and elmer's glue) and sprayed them while they were on the dowel, but after I'd baked them, and then just let it dry before I pulled them off. Also, I found it incredibly difficult to keep the ribbons lined up while I tied them together so I sewed these and it was so much easier and only took a couple minutes to thread them all together. Oh, and I don't use as many korkers as they say--it says use 30, but I think I only had a dozen or maybe 15 and I thought it was plenty full enough. But I'm not big on the huge bows, so it just depends on what style you want to have.
Since ribbon can still be expensive, this would be a great thing to go in with someone so you can split the rolls of ribbon--great MBASA activity!
2 comments:
I miss being able to go to the MBASA activities--looks like it was a nice day for Cornbellys.
Here's the link to the site where I did the hair ribbons from:
http://www.theribbonretreat.com/custom/free_projects.aspx
The only thing I'd add is that my ribbon did not stay curled the first time I did this(probably depends on the brand of ribbon)so I bought Stiffen Stuff from a craft store (it was by the rubber cement and elmer's glue) and sprayed them while they were on the dowel, but after I'd baked them, and then just let it dry before I pulled them off. Also, I found it incredibly difficult to keep the ribbons lined up while I tied them together so I sewed these and it was so much easier and only took a couple minutes to thread them all together. Oh, and I don't use as many korkers as they say--it says use 30, but I think I only had a dozen or maybe 15 and I thought it was plenty full enough. But I'm not big on the huge bows, so it just depends on what style you want to have.
Since ribbon can still be expensive, this would be a great thing to go in with someone so you can split the rolls of ribbon--great MBASA activity!
Adorable picture. I need to call you and find out everything that's going on with you guys!! Miss you.
Post a Comment