This was honestly one of the most amazing things I attended while at BYU as an undergrad, and so I've looked it up to go again this year. Victor Ludlow is an expert on Jewish law and traditions, many of you may have his book about understanding Isaiah. He conducts this Seder Service honoring the Passover holiday every year, and it's phenomenal. It's a full experience with commentary on the history and traditions associated with this time of year, and of course it often has LDS undertones that I remember to have found fascinating. We're going to try to go again this year, and I thought anyone who may be in town should have the heads up, too. Although if you get tickets and then I don't, we won't be friends anymore. Period.Check it out! The tickets go on sale the 19th, but many have often been pre-ordered at that point by those more on the ball than I am.
6 comments:
This event sounds so incredible...I wonder how I can talk Bryson into having us go. How to you preorder the tickets - I didn't see that info. and wonder if that was something that had to be done a long time ago - do you know? I'm almost certain that my sister attended this as well, and I remember how much she loved it. So, if we both get tickets can we see you there...maybe sit by you guys?
oh, and I LOVE your new header and layout...it seems like you have more room on your page. How did you do that? I always am feeling that I need more room, so I'm a bit envious...please share your secrets!
Summer, I'm not sure if you can still pre-order tickets... I called the number on the website today and it referenced people who had pre-ordered before February 1, so I assumed I'm just stuck waiting until the 19th. I may try to call again on Monday, but I hate to be too much of a bother!
As for the header and layout space... I think some templates just have more room than others. I think this one is a minima template, then I went into the "edit HTML" part and changed all the widths to 1000 px instead of the 640 or whatever it had before. Then you'll see the column widths and you just split the 1000 up between margins and column widths to your best guess, I suppose. I'm totally a hack, and am sure there are better ways to do it than that, but thanks!
My mom was telling me about this last night. They went with your parents years ago and had a great time. I hope you all get tickets. Good luck! I'll have to check it out when we move home someday!
Sounds cool! I think it would be something that Clark would be interested in. Thanks for the info.
Summer, I'd love to get tickets together with anyone who wants to go that night! I think they seat you at round tables of like 10 or something, so we could all sit together. Amanda, you too!!! I'd love to see you and meet your sweet husband. Hopefully in a few days we'll know what dates are available still and can work something out.
Post a Comment