I do love the snow, however, and it's been awesome to get so much of it over the course of
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
NO Snow Days for Us!
I'm once again amazed and reminded of the different precedent for school closings in Utah and Missouri. I was always surprised at how little snow necessitated closures in Saint Louis, and have always wondered if it had to do with the possibility of ice storms or if it was just that they got so little snow they used it as an excuse to stay home when it did dust the earth. Well, this morning, just as a reminder, this is what met us in Utah when we exited our homes to take the kiddies to school...
I do love the snow, however, and it's been awesome to get so much of it over the course of
the past few weeks. We had a blanket of snow Christmas morning, and have had a lot of fun in the white stuff this first winter back. Enjoy the pics...
I do love the snow, however, and it's been awesome to get so much of it over the course of
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a winter wonderland! Of all the years to move back to Utah, you picked a white one! I can't remember it being like this for ages. I just believe in global warming (hence the 72 degrees outside this past Tuesday!).
And if those pics had been taken in Lexington, the city would have shut down for a week!
I agree, back here in STL schools close a lot, especially up in St. Charles county where you were. I do think you are right and it is mainly ice that is the problem. We seem to get more freezing rain and sleet than actual snow, and that can be worse to drive on. I like your pretty snow pics!!
Post a Comment