My Kiddos...
I love that Erick and Izzie get so excited when Audrey wakes up in the morning, and I love her smiles when we go in to get her. I have a love/hate relationship with Audrey's binkie in that I love taking her hand and calling for it while we scour the house before naptime - she calls "Oh Bi-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-nk-i-i-i-i-i-e... and gets so excited when we find it! It's so rough when we don't. We actually typically call it a "stinkie" or a "ginkie" in true babytalk fashion. I love that Audrey loves things that are pretty and soft, and never fails to notice when I wear any new item of clothing, be it shoes, sweater, or new earrings. She knows and recognizes them all, and when she sees something new she points and says "oooh, pretty!" She loves the shoe department at Dillard's and can't keep her hands away from the jewelry stands. She loves to have her hair done and to look pretty, too. She loves to play with the dollhouse and has elaborate teas with dora, boots, polly and anyone else the right size to fit in the tiny patio set chairs. She never forgets the tablecloth at these parties and loves babies. She wears a purple feather-embellished jacket every time she finds it, although it's like four sizes too big, because it's pretty, and loves to snuggle with me and Justin. She's also rather adept making mister potatoheads and loves music - conducting and dancing - she's really got rhythm.
I love that Izzie is so athletic and strong, and thinks so clearly. I can't say anything lightly to Izzie and then not follow through, because she remembers everything said. She takes good care of her dolls, but plays with her imaginary friend. I assume the dolls can't keep up. She loves gymnastics and is really good at it, and I love her fuzzy white hair. She hates to have it combed but will allow me to either curl or blow it dry on any given day. Both would be torture. We're working these days on velcro curlers. It doesn't matter much what I do because unless it's in tight ponytails, multiple ones, it will be wild again shortly. She's strong and wiry with a mischeivous laugh and bright smile. She's also quite responsible and takes great pride in listening to her teachers and following directions exactly. She's brave and doesn't understand the eleven-year-olds in the doctor's office crying over flu shots. She's gung-ho sledding and skiing, and likes to try new things. She laughed at "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" but "Matilda" scared her to death. They're both now her favorite movies. She'll only wear black for halloween, no colors or frilly dresses. She's also my best shopping buddy and loves putting together puzzles.
Erick, my sweet oldest child and only boy. He's a boy through and through, 100% in every little way. He takes great care of his little sisters, and I think enjoys the type of dominion being older gives. He knows pretty much everything now that he's in school, and I love to hear about what he's learning in class every day. He's quite good with numbers and arithmatic and wears a pedometer all the time to show me the number of steps he's taken that day. He keeps track of how much gas we have in the car and what the temperature is outside, too. He's kind to others and is a little bit of a worrier. He's very social and loves to play with friends, probably more than anything else. Erick is a peacemaker and has a very sensitive spirit. He thinks deeply about spiritual things and asks great questions about many serious subjects. He is especially hurt by unkind words or actions and really gets fire in his eyes should the underdog need defending. He always compliments me on the meals I prepare for him, even if he doesn't always eat them. I always get a "thanks for fixing such a great dinner, mom!" In fact, he's great with compliments in general, and is quite thoughtful of others. He appreciates services rendered in his behalf with the same gusto. He's kind of a daydreamer but he's always fun to have around. He likes to play games and video games with others and even lets his sister beat him sometimes (uncoerced) so she'll keep playing. He's obedient, sweet and kind, and loves to tell me I'm the best mom in the whole world.
I'm the luckiest, for sure!
3 comments:
I love these posts! I lets me get know your kiddos better and it so great to record them just as they are right now, because they seem to change every week!
I love Audrey's addiction to her binkie (my girls love their blankets and bottle and THUMBS!), that Izzie is so wise for her age and that Erick still 100% rough and tumble while being surrounded by pink all day long!
Yes, we their mothers are the luckiest by far!
First of all, I love getting to know your children better. How old are they?
I love that Audrey is such a girly-girl. I'm hoping that Addilyn is the same way. It's been tough being the only girl in this house of boys. I'm happy to have a shopping companion.
I too have a love/hate relationship with the binkie. Although at our house it's called a "minnie" (don't ask). Sammy never liked his minnie very much until he was 18 months old. Now he's going on 33 months and I can't get rid of the thing. I keep telling myself that he needs it until we move back to the states. What I really think is that I need him to have it until we get back. Maybe we'll lose it on the airplane.
It sounds like Izzie is very strong-willed and smart. Isn't it amazing how intelligent kids are these days. How we'll ever survive I don't know.
Erik sounds a lot like my Kimball. He's only four years old, but his spiritual sensitivity is incredible. My mother-in-law says that Clark was the same way. I look forward to seeing him as a teenager and young adult. You probably feel the same about your boy.
Thanks for sharing those thoughts. They were fun to read.
What a neat post! You are very lucky indeed. Thanks so much for sharing. I'd love to meet these three cuties in person sometime!
Post a Comment