Friday, December 07, 2007

I *HEART* my Vacuum!

Okay, I know how that sounds, but I didn't say I love vacuuming, but that I love my vacuum. And although I do love a freshly cleaned and vacuumed room, that's not the point of this post. Because of our recent odor problem, I have a newfound adoration for bagless, filterless vacuums and the genius behind them. During our cleanup last week, Justin used my vacuum to rid the back of the fridge of our unwanted guest. Eeewwwww.... I know. But it was the only things in our house with enough suction to do the deed - including his various shopvacs. This thing really sucks. (sorry, I had to throw that in!) I was worried I'd smell dead mouse forever and ever each time I turned the machine on, but I worried needlessly. Because the vacuum has no bags and the filter is washable, I vacuumed up a few boxes of baking soda just for good measure and we're again ready to go! People who come up with these things are so dang smart, and so appreciated! :-)

Also, if you can stand another product ad, I am equally in love this year with febreze scented candles. I have one going in my house, and not only is the rodent smell totally gone, the house smells like fresh Christmas trees! It works SO much better than the air freshener sprays, which no matter what the label says really only mask the smells (and smells a little chemical if you get too much believe me, we know now.) I love it, I'm writing my testimonial to the company this afternoon, and I'm finally getting back to our normal household routines again. Hooray!
(No I'm not being paid for either of these adVERtisments, but would accept any cash thrown this way.)

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a post! I love reading about everyones adventures and the things that help us through them all. I think our vacuum is nearing the end of its long life (10 years!) and it's good to know what kind people like.

Sorry about the dead mouse. That is NOT a good thing.

Thanks for sharing!

Amanda said...

I'm glad you like your vacuum. It makes housework a lot easier when you have a product that's easy to work with. I also love my vacuum (the one in Utah, we won't discuss the one here), but it's not a Dyson, we got sucked in to buying a Kirby vacuum from a door-to-door sales guy. It cost a fortune, but it's been worth it. It shampoos our carpets and does the whole nine yards. In fact, I really miss that thing.

Laura F said...

Kirby vacuums, huh? I have to admit I haven't heard of them, so we apparently haven't seen the sales guy here. Something tells me he wouldn't frequent our neighborhood, though. ;-) That's awesome it does everything - I really HATED vacuuming a room with my old vacuum only to find pieces of paper or little things the machine missed minutes later! I need a relationship with a piece of equipment I can trust is holding up its end of the deal. :-)

Marcie said...

I LOOOVE my Dyson also. However, I do have to say that the Kirby guy stopped by last week and I can not get over how much more it picked up than my Dyson could. I am now wishing for a Kirby.

Laura F said...

Oh man, don't tell me that, Marcie! Amanda, when you get back from England we're going to need to have a vacuum demonstration, because if they cost as much as you say I'm going to need to start saving pennies now so in ten years when the Dyson is done I'll be ready for the switch! ;-)

Laura F said...

Oh, and "sucked into" buying a vacuum... very funny. ;-)