Sunday, November 18, 2007

Grandma & Grandpa Swenson

It's been so fun to live near our parents - our kids have a great time playing with all of them, and we are blessed with grandparents who love to play! G&G Swenson came over last night for dinner - we cooked a "Stouffers" lasagne to celebrate the internship news! (Nestle owns Stouffers, for those who may be looking for the connection.) I also made the chocolate flourless cake on the MBASA food blog, and if you're looking for something easy and completely decadent, I highly recommend it! I had to take the leftovers to the neighbors because I would have easily finished it off myself, and then we got a phone call from them requesting more - Yummy! All in all, a very peaceful, fun-filled evening at our house. We are so richly blessed! I'm so excited to get to church today and sing my lungs out anticipating Thanksgiving this week.

Peaceful by the fire...

Now, let the tickle time begin!!!






5 comments:

Cheryl said...

The pictures of your folks with the kids are priceless. You are so lucky to be close enough to have them over to celebrate your good news. I am sure they are so happy for Justin, but don't like the idea of losing you once again now that they have had you close for a little while.

Congrats again!

Laura F said...

It's true, and it will really be hard to leave for the summer - it will be nice this time knowing when we'll be back, though - just kind of an adventure for a couple of months! Thanks!

summer said...

Laura,
You are a fantastic photographer and captured the moment and the emotions perfectly! What camera do you have, I am slightly coveting it, but not all the way because I'm not supposed to!

Laura F said...

Summer - the photos I'd primarily credit the technologies of Canon and Adobe, the camera is an "S3 IS" and the photo editing (crops, redeyes, color warmth) is Picasa. But thanks for the compliment anyway, I love taking pictures and take my camera just about everywhere!

Shelly said...

I am so jealous you live so close to mom and dad. What a fun memory. I vividly remember sitting on dad like that when I was little tickling him (but really he was tickling me the whole time.) My my how time flies.