So because Izzie's baptism WAS the event of the year, of course the monday following was a national holiday so we packed up and headed downtown to the City Museum. I LOVE this place and don't know of another quite like it anywhere. Everything inside is salvaged from around the city and it's kind of a ten story amusement park wonderland for kids and adults. :-) Notice the bus hanging off the top - there's a ferris wheel on the roof as well, but because it's *supposed* to be winter here the rooftop was closed. Didn't seem to matter much, we seemed to find enough to entertain ourselves between climbing, sliding, magic shows, train rides, craft stations and writing with the World's Largest Pencil.
Oh, and did I mention this place has a ball pit on steriods? It was really hard to get Matt out, I think he was pretty sure this was heaven.
Izzie conquering the skateless skate park.
Ready to tandem slide down the ramp!
The three-story slide to the main floor.
Afterwards Justin directed us to a place near SLU called "Pappy's Smokehouse" for ribs and pulled pork. Apparently it's been listed on the travel channels' "Best Dives" or something, but it really was yummy! I'd never heard of one of their sides - deep fried corn on the cob. Sounds healthy, huh? It really wasn't bad, but I think I'll stick with the regular kind. The sweet potato fries were lovely though and had some kind of cinnamon sugar coating. Come to think of it, I don't think there was a single healthy item on the menu, but it was yummy!

1 comment:
I would seriously take a vacation to St. Louis for the sole purpose of visiting the City Museum again. That place ROCKS! I get all proxy-excited every time you mention you've been there.
Post a Comment