Friday, August 19, 2011
We live.
Just thought I'd check in to let you know we are alive here in St. Louis, and we have started another school year. Notice I have three children wearing backpacks and only one in pajamas. Where does the time go? I think school is going well because despite all my best after-school efforts (with cookies) to get more information from my little darlings about what they do all day, really most of what I hear is "it's good." The time change has been an adjustment because what we used to accomplish in 5 hours after school now has to be done in 4, but homework moves to the mornings so they have a tiny window of downtime before dinner. We'll get it figured out. I hope! If you need to get a hold of me I'm pretty open from 9-4. Or after 8:30. But the time between is a strange mix of sacred (because we're together) and insanely busy (for the same reason).
Erick, Izzie and Audrey are also in soccer this fall. We were blessed to be able to find a league this year that doesn't play on Sundays, and in fact it's out of principle and not just ease of scheduling. We're tagging along with a Christian Home Educators (homeschool) team and I've been thrilled with how nice and down to earth everyone seems to be. Although the rest of the league plays Sunday games they made it clear in the beginning, I guess, that they wouldn't so the rest of the teams schedule around them on saturdays instead. Hooray! We talk about home canning, in-home preschools, the fingertip rule for our daughter's shorts, bargain shopping and gardening. I have to say it's almost like having my own little slice of Payson again and I feel right at home in frighteningly many ways. Should be fun!
I feel so overwhelmed right now by how much I haven't written about life over the past months I just don't think I can tackle it tonight. *sigh* So instead I choose to go to bed and maybe I'll get a photo montage up tomorrow. ;-) But we live, and we've done stuff. Fun stuff. I promise. Good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can't believe how big your children are getting! And that is fantastic that you have been able to find a soccer league that doesn't play your team's games on Sunday. I know my brother and his family in Indiana struggled with that during Little League season for Tee Ball.
Glad you guys are alive and well!
I really can't believe how big those kids are getting! I also love that it is no big deal that Matt is in his pajamas. I remember when Leila was in kindergarten I would rush to get all the other kids up and dressed and cute too. That went out the door soon afterwards and of course now Lucy and Joy tag along with their smoothie smiles and mismatched jammies and sagging diaper just about every morning and I'm totally cool with that. Hope the best for the school year ahead of you. And what a find with that soccer league.
-Erica
Post a Comment