Saturday, February 19, 2011
Trouble!
We thought Matt woke up with pink eye. Crusties, lashes stuck together, red swollen eye... it had all the symptoms so Justin and I washed, gave him drops and fed the kid tylenol. Then I found the open tube of superglue. Really? REALLY? This was before 7am... I guess we probably would have treated it the same way, but MAN, kid!
Every time Miss Amy (Our PAT coordinator) comes to visit she's amazed at his fine motor skills. It's gratifying to me as a parent to be valdiated that this child is truly trouble. He's been taking things apart and unscrewing mechanical parts to our house since he was one. He draws perfect circles and can trace his hand. He uses scizzors if he can find them. He actually cuts better than most of our preschoolers. He combed his own hair the other day (with toilet water). He emptied a full can of aerosol hairspray on our entry floor this week. Anything in a spray bottle of any kind isn't safe. I found him on top of the fridge yesterday looking for cupcakes. I lock the doors so he can't get out and wander the streets. (Partly for his safety, and partly because he HATES wearing clothes.) So you'll understand when I say I don't know where he found super glue but I wouldn't put it past him to have found my keys, driven the car to Walgreens, used my credit card and picked up a tube just to glue his eye shut. Just because he can! Oh I love you Matt!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow! I thought that I had a busy toddler when Abe was a baby, but I think Matt puts him to shame. I'm just grateful now that we've never had a superglue incident.
SUCH a fun age! These little ones are so lucky that they are also very cute & loveable on top of being trouble.
Oh, goodness!!! But, what a little cutie! And think of it as an exercise program--constantly dashing around to see what he's into. You'll get so fit! Really, you should thank him!
Thanks guys, I think you've all had similar experiences with boys! Why is that? I mean really, I never worried my girls were disassembling the water spout on the tub... those boys, do you think that's why we love them so much? We spend so much time being surprised by them when they're little?
This is great! Glad you recorded it. -Erica
Post a Comment