Monday, April 14, 2008

Last man standing...


Yep, this is all that's left. We sat and watched the excavator sort DT rubble for a while, which of course Erick and I thought was pretty cool, and off we went. I've been surprised at how much I actually LIKE not seeing the towers there - it really opens up the sky. But for posterity's sake, because of the dance camps when I lived there and made fun of the EFY and Girl's Academy girls, and because one half of my freshman ward at BYU lived in those towers, here's what's left.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Crazy! I had no idea they were knocking down the old dorms at BYU. How strange 9th east must look without them. I'm sure it will be hard to miss. Keep us posted on any other new developments!

Jenni said...

Wail. So long T-hall. Sniff, sniff.

sarah said...

I had no idea that DT was on its way down! It has been a long time since I ventured back to campus.

Laura F said...

I'm excited to see what they do with the space... some conjectures I've seen are parking, new housing, new conference buildings... but nobody has made any kind of formal announcement yet. It's exciting to see the face of BYU change over the years - the Hinckley building still throws me off a little, and I made it down to a soccer game in the new practice center for the first time a month ago.