Thursday, October 25, 2007

Another day... another funny yarn.

There are few things more frustrating than making sure you and all three kids are bathed, with clean clothes, teeth brushed and hair combed, only to discover you have nowhere to go. *sigh* We had intended a family picture last night which was cancelled instead at the last minute. I guess I should have just taken them out somewhere anyway just to show off their utter cuteness in their new fresh-faced cleanliness and bows, but I was by then too tired and we ended up hanging out around the house and watching a movie before changing into pajamas for bed. But it was kind of funny earlier in the day when I forced the whole crew to nap in the name of getting good pictures later on, and mentioned to them as I walked out the door that they needed their sleep to be beautiful when they got up. Erick shot back at me with "and I'll be MAN-i-ful."

Today (and I should have taken a picture of this) was a new adventure. Our livingroom is connected with the hallway, which in turn connects to the kitchen to the dining room and back to the livingroom, making a lovely circle for pent-up kids to chase. Today's fun game took a somewhat darker turn. I had a ball of yarn out for one of Erick's homework assignments, and upon entering the main part of the house, saw it had been curiously stretched around, and around, and around, and around this little "island area" in our house, which made most of the home look something like a christmas present or a craft project gone wrong. Creative, yes... but as I followed the yarn from one room to the next I eventually came upon my 18-month-old, tied firmly to the wall like an indian war prisoner! She's fine, and the older two are still cleaning up the mess. :-D

8 comments:

Shelly said...

I miss your kiddies so much!!! I am totally laughing at the thought of Audrey tied up. Kids are so funny.

Cheryl said...

Can't believe she was tied up against the wall. It might sound mean, but that made me laugh really hard.

If your kids like yarn, you could do what our Easter Bunny does and tie a piece of yarn to each basket and then wind it around the house in every room, take it outside and tie the end to a spoon and leave it on the kitchen table. It's hilarious to watch the kids gather it all in search of their prize. And it takes a lot longer than having it set on the table.

I was sad you didn't get your picture taken. All that effort and planning. No fun. Hope it works out for you soon!

Thanks for the laugh.

summer said...

I love hearing your stories! They are so great, and I as well was laughing about Audrey the little tied-up Indian! I love to comment on your blog, but I get so sad when the music stops playing...I seriously come to your blog, just to have good music to listen to. You have to tell me - no, you'll probably have to show me one day how to do that on my blog as I am a very slooooowww learning with any technology. Good news - Bryson got his first Intern offer! It's with Chrysler Financial in Auburn Hills, Michigan. We're not sure, but luckily we have until Thanksgiving time to decide. When does Justin have his fly-out again?

Laura F said...

Believe me, I'm still laughing about it, too. Crazy kids. And for the record, Audrey wasn't crying or anything, she was just kind of hanging out. ;-)

Summer, I'm so excited about your internship offer! How nice would it be to have that completely out of the way... and for someone who was doing things at the last minute before school started (not by choice), that's got to be attractive, having 5 months to work out the details! :-)) Hooray!

Elder and Sister Swenson said...

I still have NEVER heard any music on your blog page. Am I doing something wrong?

I wish I could have seen Audrey tied up. What I wonder is if she was laughing about it. She's such a ham!

Miranda said...

Hey Laura,

It was good to hear from you. I have been trying to start digital scrapbooking and was wondering where is the best place to start? Any software advice? I'd love to start doing it. Hope all is well there. We'll be in Utah for Thanksgiving. Hopefully we'll see you and your cute fam!

Amanda said...

I thought that was hilarious. Just be glad it was yarn and not duct tape.

I'm sure I will have something like that coming into my life soon. With two older brothers, this new baby girl coming doesn't stand a chance.

Thanks for sharing!

Joe and Amy said...

Glad everyone's okay!

Man-i-ful!? Now that's one I haven't heard yet!