
I was looking up information on rainbows for a sunday school lesson when I came across this incredible photograph. It was taken by a man named Dan Bush (a fellow Missourian) and having recently returned from our family's church history tour this fall I was anxious to discover just where it had been taken. As it turns out, it's not terribly far from the Church's farms at Adam-ondi-Ahman, which made the photograph even more meaningful as the scene likely lies within the boundaries of the land as understood by the Lord. I love the symbolism of the rainbow, the age of the tree and the history of the land, and the feelings such majesty stirs within when contemplating the sacredness of each. I've probably single-handedly filled his inbox with requests for the print, but will likely have to settle with this computer graphic for the time being! If anyone is looking for a great gift idea, work on this one! ;-) This and other photographs of this beautiful state are listed at his website here: http://www.missouriskies.org/
No comments:
Post a Comment